- 251 hits
- Lyme-Bearing Ticks More Widespread in U.S. Than Thought July 21, 2018Ticks capable of transmitting Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses have been identified in dozens of places across the United States where the pests had never previously been recorded, according to a study published online July 12 in PLOS ONE . These findings are the result of an unexpectedly successful effort by the Bay Area Lyme Foundation to collec […]
- Public given 'wrong advice' about a life-threatening health condition July 20, 2018WOODLAND walkers are being put at risk of deadly Lyme disease because they're being given the wrong advice about ticks, according to new research. Official guidance warns people to 'stick to paths whenever possible' in the countryside to avoid coming into contact with ticks, which spread the disease.
- Tick season: Better testing for Lyme on the way July 20, 2018July is a peak month for deer ticks to transmit the bacteria that causes Lyme disease especially in N.J. where cases shot up last year. Tick season: Faster, more precise testing for Lyme disease is on the way, researchers say July is a peak month for deer ticks to transmit the bacteria that causes Lyme disease especially in N.J. where cases shot up last year […]
- Tick talk: Youngsters in Worcester get words of warning July 20, 2018WORCESTER – Nancy Fox tested negative for Lyme disease one morning 15 years ago, then positive in more extensive tests the same evening. That day she was taking her father to see Dr. Gregory Bach, a "Lyme literate" doctor in Maryland, where she lives, for tests for the same disease.
- Lyme-Bearing Ticks More Widespread in U.S. Than Thought July 21, 2018