- 247 hits
- 'Every season is tick season': Experts warn of winter Lyme disease risk November 22, 2017Laurenne Schiller now keeps her collie Cousteau on tick medication all year long. She says while dog owners in Nova Scotia are aware of the year-long risk of ticks, many in the general public are not.
- West Virginia sees "dramatic increase" in Lyme Disease cases November 22, 2017There have been more cases of Lyme Disease in West Virginia over the last five years, according to the state Department of Health and Human Resources. The DHHR issued a Health Advisory Tuesday to West Virginia healthcare providers, hospitals and other healthcare facilities to warn them about the "dramatic increase" in Lyme Disease cases.
- Lyme disease has stubborn hold in Pennsylvania, Northeast November 21, 2017Tom Avril is a health and science reporter. A former math teacher and engineering major, he was hired in 1998, and previously covered environmental issues and New Jersey state government.
- Pa. top in nation for Lyme disease November 21, 2017Tom Avril is a health and science reporter. A former math teacher and engineering major, he was hired in 1998, and previously covered environmental issues and New Jersey state government.
- 'Every season is tick season': Experts warn of winter Lyme disease risk November 22, 2017
Author Archives: cheryllyme
In just about every article we read on preventing tick bites it’s either suggested we use DEET or Permethrin. I’ve read articles advising spraying Permethrin around your property, using it on deer feeding stations and in cattle lots. … Continue reading
~Dear Doctor, Nurse, Friend, Neighbor, Don’t assume for one minute that my loss of words, ringing in ears that makes it hard to hear and focus, the twitching in my eye that make it hard to see, my aching knees … Continue reading
Holy crazy Batman!!!! Tis the season for all the “under medicated” and “over medicated” fruit loops to be at the store LOL! Gads! I was in the midst of insanity at Wegmans. I came out of an aisle a little … Continue reading
This is something that just occurred to me at the store yesterday. We are so busy with living our lives that many changes around us and in our lives go un-noticed or we just take them for granted. We, … Continue reading
I can’t describe just how much I love food. I think I can safely say that we all have our “feel good” meals or what some refer to as comfort foods. Meatloaf with scalloped potatoes? Clam Chowder? Chicken and … Continue reading