|I can be a very complex person at times with lots of interests and passions.
I love a babies laugh, a kittens purr, the ocean lapping at my feet and the sun on my face.
Lyme Disease and other infections.
More than 30 years of various ailments that couldn’t be explained by any of the doctors I’ve seen, has whiddled my life away. Last year I was finally diagnosed as having Lyme Disease, Ehrlichiosis, EBV and Babesiosis.
My passion for animals, hiking, camping and being in the wilderness has probably exposed me to these hideous diseases.
At any point in my life exposure to these diseases could have happened as I had started having symptoms in my late teens. Over the years the symptoms would come and go. I’ve lost count of how many specialists I’ve seen and how many family doctors I’ve been to. Not a single doctor ever asked me what my life style was or where I’ve lived.
In Az. I was bitten a few times (that I’m aware of) by ticks. The doctor said to wash the site and watch for a rash. I never had one, ever.
I moved to NJ and the first thing the doctor tested for was Lyme. Sure wish I had gone to the East Coast sooner. Now I face years of treatments that may or may not work and much of the damage to my nervous system, joints and brain is possibly permanent.
That’s one battle to fight. Now the fight to get those treatments, the fight to get the insurance companies to cover the meds needed, the fight to get the IDSA to realize that we all arent cut from the same mold and 20 days antibiotics max. does nothing to help if you’ve been infected for years.
- 248 hits
- Ticking away February 25, 2018An after-work beer and a walk along his wooded property used to help Ray Guzic unwind after a stressful workday. That was until a creature only a little bigger than the head of a pin - and the disease it carried - put an end to that routine.
- New doctor hosting free health talk Feb. 22 in Alliston February 21, 2018It is exciting for Alliston and the New Tecumseth area to have another qualified licensed primary care physician. It is also wonderful news for all of Simcoe County, as David brings some unique skills to the area.
- Ledge Light Health District assembles task force to fight Lyme disease February 21, 2018To continue reading this premium story, you need to become a member. Click below to take advantage of an exclusive offer for new members: This undated photo provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows a blacklegged tick, also known as a deer tick.
- Shania Twain on the 'Discipline' of Maintaining Her Health After Lyme Disease Battle February 20, 2018Almost 15 years after a tick bite threatened her career and health, Shania Twain is opening up about how she has revamped her lifestyle. Speaking to the Herald Sun while promoting the Australia and New Zealand leg of her upcoming Now tour, the songstress shared how she's firmly focused on maintaining good health as she prepares to hit the road, beginnin […]
- Ticking away February 25, 2018