|I can be a very complex person at times with lots of interests and passions.
I love a babies laugh, a kittens purr, the ocean lapping at my feet and the sun on my face.
Lyme Disease and other infections.
More than 30 years of various ailments that couldn’t be explained by any of the doctors I’ve seen, has whiddled my life away. Last year I was finally diagnosed as having Lyme Disease, Ehrlichiosis, EBV and Babesiosis.
My passion for animals, hiking, camping and being in the wilderness has probably exposed me to these hideous diseases.
At any point in my life exposure to these diseases could have happened as I had started having symptoms in my late teens. Over the years the symptoms would come and go. I’ve lost count of how many specialists I’ve seen and how many family doctors I’ve been to. Not a single doctor ever asked me what my life style was or where I’ve lived.
In Az. I was bitten a few times (that I’m aware of) by ticks. The doctor said to wash the site and watch for a rash. I never had one, ever.
I moved to NJ and the first thing the doctor tested for was Lyme. Sure wish I had gone to the East Coast sooner. Now I face years of treatments that may or may not work and much of the damage to my nervous system, joints and brain is possibly permanent.
That’s one battle to fight. Now the fight to get those treatments, the fight to get the insurance companies to cover the meds needed, the fight to get the IDSA to realize that we all arent cut from the same mold and 20 days antibiotics max. does nothing to help if you’ve been infected for years.
- 244 hits
- REGIONAL: Warning issued over Lyme disease in the south of England September 25, 2017The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence said some areas appear to have higher prevalence of infected ticks which cause the disease. But the health body said prevalence data is incomplete as it called for a large study into the condition in the UK.
- Don't Let the Tick Stick September 24, 2017As tick populations and the threats they pose increase across the United States, people need to know how to deal with them, a skin doctor suggests. Ticks can cause serious illnesses such as Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Powassan virus and alpha-gal syndrome .
- High-risk areas for Lyme disease expand to include Moncton September 22, 2017Samples of the blacklegged tick, the carrier for Lyme disease, were brought to the announcement for members of the media to see. Moncton has joined the list of high-risk areas for Lyme disease, the provincial government announced Friday in Saint John.
- Bartonella disease: A misunderstood vector-borne infection, similar to Lyme disease September 22, 2017Bartonella disease is a lifedraining infection - often undetected even by integrative physicians. On the next NaturalHealth365 Talk Hour, Jonathan Landsman and chronic disease expert Dr. Tania Dempsey discuss Bartonella disease - and reveal the latest, cutting-edge natural protocols for this mysterious and often-misdiagnosed condition.
- REGIONAL: Warning issued over Lyme disease in the south of England September 25, 2017