I’m very surprised that this is just now coming about. You would have thought that patient outcomes would have been included in research studies. This shows real promise to the chronic illness community that studies into Tick/Vector borne illnesses will show a different picture of patients after treatment. This is a 3 hour presentation but if you are even a little bit medically literate you will find it interesting.
- 251 hits
- Researchers find no evidence of Lyme disease in grouse - yet September 23, 2018A study of grouse hearts collected in New Brunswick has found no active Lyme disease infections, but the researchers will now shift their testing to determine whether the specimens have ever had the disease. Grouse hearts supplied by hunters for a study into ticks and grouse populations in New Brunswick have shown no birds infected with Lyme disease, yet.
- FDA warns pet owners about possible side effects of flea, tick drugs September 21, 2018Drugs that are supposed to protect dogs and cats from fleas and ticks could have adverse nerve reactions, the federal officials have warned pet owners. Flea and tick drugs protect dogs and cats from fleas and ticks that carry a range of diseases like Lyme disease, but the Food and Drug Administration said Thursday owners and veterinarians need more warning o […]
- Lyme disease: A study on the speed of transmission by infected ticks September 21, 2018Lyme borreliosis is a disease caused by bacteria of the genus Borrelia that are transmitted by a bite from a tick of the genus Ixodes . Scientists from the Institut Pasteur used mice to study the transmission of bacteria by ticks infected with various European and North American species of Borrelia .
- Avril Lavigne's new song 'Head Above Water' inspired by Lyme Disease battle September 21, 2018The 33-year-old singer dropped her new track 'Head Above Water' - her first release in five years - earlier this week and she has admitted the lyrics are based on the feelings that encompassed her when the infection was particularly bad. Speaking to PEOPLE.com, she said: "One night, I thought I was dying, and I had accepted that I was going to […]
- Researchers find no evidence of Lyme disease in grouse - yet September 23, 2018