I’m very surprised that this is just now coming about. You would have thought that patient outcomes would have been included in research studies. This shows real promise to the chronic illness community that studies into Tick/Vector borne illnesses will show a different picture of patients after treatment. This is a 3 hour presentation but if you are even a little bit medically literate you will find it interesting.
- 249 hits
- Five on 5 a " Jim Lunders a " Jackson County Vector Control March 22, 2018On Tonight's Five on 5, we are joined by Jim Lunders, a manager and biologist at Jackson County Vector Control discussing what the organization does to control pest populations and the diseases they carry. In particular, he discusses the recent research on controlling ticks, Lyme disease, and what you can do to stay safe.
- Isles nurse awarded prestigious travelling fellowship March 13, 2018NHS Western Isles Health Protection and Screening Nurse Specialist, Isabell MacInnes, has been announced as one of just 150 recipients of a Winston Churchill Travelling Fellowship for 2018. These 150 Fellows from across the UK include people from all walks of life, researching topics across a broad range of sectors, from housing to nursing, science to educat […]
- MLA Houston says province lacking in strategy to deal with Lyme March 13, 2018Pictou East MLA Tim Houston believes the province needs to do more to deal with Lyme disease diagnosis and treatment in the province. Houston brought up the topic during an exchange with Minister of Health and Wellness Randy Delorey in the legislature on Friday.
- Teacher Spreads Lyme Awareness March 12, 2018Nelle Douglas, a reading specialist at Elkton Elementary School, works with first-graders Thursday morning. She has been battling Lyme disease and works to raise awareness of the illness.
- Five on 5 a " Jim Lunders a " Jackson County Vector Control March 22, 2018